The Guild provides an insight into contemporary Glass Engraving. It aims to promote the highest standards of glass engraving.The website contains techniques, a gallery of members engraved glass, where to see it and where to learn to engrave.
Below is a list of Youtube videos which cover the very basics of glass engraving.
Everyone will have their own approach to learning this skill and there is no 'right' way
but hopefully these will give you a start!
As most of the videos have a subscribe option, if you are likely to use these sites often,
then it would be a courtesy to subscribe.
1. Engraver Studio - DIY How to Engrave Glass - Safety First
A short demonstration of safety issues
2. Engraver Studio - DIY How to Engrave Glass - Which Tool to Buy?
A short discussion of possible drills to buy to begin engraving
(NB. As well as the Dremel, do also look at the Proxxon if you're just beginning)
3. Eternal Tools - 5 Essential Beginners Glass Engraving Tools
A list of tools to get you started
4. Engraver Studio - DIY How to engrave Glass - Beginner Engraving Bits and Burrs
Some more information on bits and burrs
5. Engraver Studio - DIY How to Engrave Beginner Moth Part 1
A simple demonstration of how to start engraving a moth (Part 1)
6. Engraver Studio - DIY How to Engrave Beginner Moth Part 2
A simple demonstration of how to start engraving a moth (Part 2)
7. How to engrave glass with a Dremel - Beginners tutorial
A brief introduction to engraving using a Dremel drill
8. Lesley Pyke Glass - Engraving from scratch
A fun introduction to just what to do with that glass!
11. Lesley Pyke Glass Videos – Hares
This is what you may be aspiring to!